Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Trendy Thursday: Shopping for Sales!!

Okay, y'all. Today we had a little family visit to Grapevine. Our kids love Grapevine. We usually go stay at the Gaylord, Great Wolf, or just have a day trip. They always leave happy and we are never bored. Today, we took them to Legoland and ate lunch and went shopping. It was all kinds of fun but maybe it is just my exhaustion talking...but I am so done shopping. I am tired of it. I need a break. Well, I do have to stop at Groovy's tomorrow....

I didn't plan on really getting anything since we went shopping last week at Northpark and my hubby is the master budgeter/saver. Well, oh.my.word. They had such cute stuff on sale. I didn't keep up with how much I spent....I just picked out what I liked and paid. We just got home and Joey was entering everything into his Excel sheet and I only spent around $100. That is like a good pair of shoes or a nice pair of jeans but wait til you see how much I got. My BFF Amanda is the queen of shopping sales. She gets amazing stuff at a great price. I wasn't necessarily checking out clearance but the things I was drawn to were all on sale....that's a first. I am sure she will be proud.

So this post is dedicated to showing you how far you can stretch a dollar....well about $100. Let me, first, say that these pics aren't that great but these things are so cute on. I am in my pj's and am way too lazy to take pics in all of this...lol! They look very blah but they are very fitted and cute!

Got this Under Armour hat at the Under Armour store for $8. Great for no makeup days at the park with the kids.

This is SO cute on. What looks like the waist line actually hits at mid/upper thigh. So cute and it was only $7.97 at Old Navy. Originally $29.94

So classic and very cute and fitted at the top and kind of flares at towards the hip area. The top is cut neat and makes it look much more stylish on! $9.97 at Old Navy. This was originally $30 something.
This is blurry but is the perfect little black dress. It is very fit and flare and is a nice material. This could be dressed up or down. Old Navy $9.97, originally $40 something.

GAP 3/4 sleeve fitted cardigans. They had so many bright fun colors but I have those and just needed the basics. Originally $48 each, got them for $9.99 each
I love Francesca's! If you haven't been, go!! You can find them HERE! I have actually been getting things from there much more often. It is very boutique-ish. I LOVED this and it was only $16!!! Looks so pretty on!
Francesca's: gray tights ($1.99), a fun cute belt that can go with any of the dresses ($9.99), and earrings ($8)

Francesca's navy sheer jacket...my fav item. This was originally $50 and I got it for $14.98. This is perfect for maxi's, over a tank with white jeans, or over a strapless dress to make it work or church appropriate

My fav part is the detailing on the back and sleeves

I got these simple pieces because they are so versatile. I can dress them up or down, carry them through different seasons by adding tights, boots, a jacket, wedges, pop of color....and they were super cheap!
I also wanted simple things so that I just need to add a fun necklace or bracelet to jazz it up...yes I just said jazz it up...haha!


So, there you have it... 6 pieces of clothing and some accessories thrown in for around $100 that you can pretty much wear all year round!!! 

Don't forget to check out Lauren's blog HERE!! Her post soooo makes me want to get my nails redone. I had gel nails done 4 weeks ago (pitiful I know) and they are half grown out. Super embarrassing....so if you have seen me covering my fingers lately, that's why!! She did a great post about some cute nail ideas for the summer AND I am so proud of her and you will see why!!!

Don't forget tomorrow is the last day of our Instagram challenge. We will announce a winner of the Lia Sophia necklace Monday!!!

No comments: