Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Tuesday's Tip!

Hey y'all. I know, I know...it is Wednesday but I have been at training since Monday and yesterday just wore me out. Yesterday was also Ella's 4th birthday and me and Joey's 8th anniversary. Joey and I celebrated last week and Ella's party will be later this week. Bless their hearts...I cam home exhausted. I gave Joey, Grayson, and Ella cuddles and the kids made me a "play food" meal and I went to bed at like 7:15. So sad...I know! I will be posting about my sweet guy and Ella on the blog later today.

My Tuesday Tip this week is EATING!! Unfortunately, I won't be entertaining you with a decadent dessert recipe. Instead I am going to tell you about My Fitness Pal. I love this app/site sooo much! It has helped me tremendously with my stomach problems. Whether you are tracking calories for weight loss or keeping a food diary to know what upsets your stomach, this is a great app. I downloaded it on my phone and log everyday.

This, along with having to change how I eat for the sake of my tummy issues, has helped me to lose 12 pounds in a month and a half. It is also amazing to see what goes in your body. It breaks down the carbs, fats, protein, etc. I love it and it is FREE to download on phones and FREE to use the version online.

So, basically when you eat a meal, you can scan the barcode of whatever you ate or do a search to add calories it is so simple. I can't imagine life without it. I remember last week getting so sick and being able to look at what I ate and realize....okay...I ate the bread on a hot dog and that is what triggered my pain. It tracks your calories and weight loss goals and everything. With weight loss, there is no magic pill or drink or whatever. It is as simple as cutting calorie intake and working out. After my husband telling me this for years and him having a degree in it....I finally listened and was able to lose some wight I had been wanting to get rid of plus find an easy tool to track my food intake to see what triggers my problems. Hope you use it and find it as helpful as I have!

Please let me or Lauren know if you ever have any questions or ideas for posts.

Melanie: melroseacker@yahoo.comn
Lauren: laurenlou5644@yahoo.com

Don't forget to check out her fab post HERE!!!

1 comment:

Lauren Williams said...

Such a great app to have on your phone! I need to use it more so I can get results like you :) Never would have thought you had 12 pounds to lose but you look amazing!!!