This week we will be doing an Instagram Challenge and we would love if you joined us!! All you have to do is post a pic of the topic for the day and put #landmgiveaway (The days/info is below)
On Friday we will look to see who all participated and will draw a name of one lucky winner to win this Lia Sophia gem!!!!
![]() |
| It is so unique and has some pretty gorgeous colors!! |
Today, instead of our Mommy Must Have Monday we thought it would be fun to do a little Q&A! Each month we will do a different topic...and since we are both educators and it is the most fabulous season for us because we are off....we are doing a little SUMMER Q&A!!!
1. What is your go to outfit?
Last week for Trendy Thursday I posted THIS showing what some of my play date summer outfits are. For me it has been a swimsuit and cover up or shorts/capris and I love me some maxi dresses..it's dressed up and down all rolled into one!!
2. Go to Lunch for Kids/Self....
I don't have pictures but I usually eat a lettuce wrap with turkey and light laughing cow cheese and iced tea. I rotate between that and 3 egg whites and fruit. I wish I could say it was something cooler but with my stomach issues....that's about it unless I am going somewhere for lunch!!
For the kids (and they are SUPER picky) it is usually chicken nuggets, quesadillas, or pb& j with applesauce or yogurt and veggies straws.
3. Go to outfit for kids:
Grayson likes to keep it classic and simple. I LOVE dressing boys!!! As soon as I found out I was having a boy I could not wait to shop because I love BOY clothes. I love the 50's simple/classic look of polos, stripe and solid tees, jeans and khakis, and some converse. In the summer, he sticks with simple tees and shorts and flip flops. Most of his clothes come from Old Navy. I LOVE their stuff because it has the simple, classic look I love and it wears well and is priced great!

Now, Ella loves dresses. She prefers maxi dresses, sandals, and a big ol' bow! I get her dresses from everywhere. Lately I have found some cute ones at Dillards, Gymboree, Old Navy, Target, and TJ Maxx has had some unique ones. Now Lauren loves her some Matilda Jane and I think it is precious but I am in love with Janie and Jack!!! I love how classic (yes, I said it for about the 5th time) their clothes are. I am thinkin' I will have to do a post on kids' clothes later!!
4. Fav Summer Memory
I would have to say I have a couple.....
My Aunt Cindy always took me and my brother and sister cool places. Once she took us on a road trip to the Grand Canyon and I think that may have been the coolest road trip EVER. We even made a stop in Roswell and went to the UFO museum...hilarious but so fun. One of my best memories. She is amazing!
Another would be when my family and Joey and I went to Caddo Lake when I was 7 months pregnant with Grayson. It was so fun because my parents, brother, and sister, and their families went plus my cousin and his family. It was simple, summer fun!

And of course, last summer was so fun when we headed to Disneyworld as a little family of 4 along with Joey's parents, and his sister (my blogging buddy) Lauren and her family!! How can you not have fun in Disneyworld????

5. Fav Summer Hangout: would have to be the library and our pool....they are both FREE and plenty of fun!
6. Fav Summer Recipe: I would have to say this smoothie recipe that the kids LOVE! I do not add the cranberry juice or the blackberries. You can find it HERE! It is a healthy, quick treat!!
7. Fav Thing about Summer: I get to be at home with the kids making memories and revisiting that feeling when you're a kid and it's a summer. I KNOW I could not have a job where I didn't get summers off...being an educator is a perfect balance between kiddos and work for me!! I feel like I get to be a part time stay at home mommy!
8. Fav Summer Drink: It is my fav everyday drink!! It is a venti iced coffee with 3 splendas, extra extra nonfat milk, and light whip. It gives me super powers and is only $3.19!

9. Favorite Vacation Destination: DISNEY WORLD!!!!

I have been other cool places but this always ends up being my fav!
10. Favorite Play Date Idea: Swimming and picnics would top my list because they are fun and free but anything where I get to meet up with fellow mommies and our kiddos can have a good time sounds like a great time to me!!
Go check out Lauren's post HERE! I can't wait to read her Summer Q&A!!! And don't forget to join us on Instagram!!


No comments:
Post a Comment