Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, June 9, 2014

Mommy Must Haves Monday!

Hey, y'all!!! I am SO beyond excited about partnering up with my sister in law, Lauren! You can find her blog HERE! We have been planning away for daily posts (yes, I REALLY said daily)! We want to be able to share with you a glimpse of our lives, things we love, and a way to answer any mommy/wife/educator questions. We have themed days and oh.so.much.fun! We are a hot mess.

Today we have Mommy Must Haves Monday! Each Monday we will blog about things we as Mommies Must Have!!! So here are mine for the week:


1. A Calendar and Planner (and of course special, colorful pens)

As a mommy, counselor, wife, and the wearer of many other hats....I have to be organized. There is no other option. This month's calendar is a little light because of summer break and we are doing camps/activities in July.
I have a planner that runs my life...haha...and one main calendar that Joey adds to. We usually try to sit at the table on Sundays and discuss dates for the week/month and add them to our family calendar which hangs in our mini mud room. This calendar is the Note Nook by Avalanche and you can find it HERE and the Stabilo pens (they have my heart) HERE.

I also have a calendar for me that I put work, family, and FUN stuff!! I buy an Erin Condren planner every year and I switch between this and the Erin Condren one. This one is just from Target for like $12 and I like how big the boxes are for each date because I have to see a monthly glance. Yet, I still use the Erin Condren because it is small enough to tote around in my purse.


2. Summer/Kid Organization


With summer here and a gorgeous community pool, we will spend a lot of time swimming. Thanks to Thirty One's amazing bags, I feel so super organized. Ella has the large retro metro fold over bag in coral dot and she uses this for school because it is big enough for some extra clothes and her nap stuff. Grayson has the Keep It Caddy in navy to carry his Kindle and his asthma stuff. The large utility tote has their towels, sunblock, pool toys, first aid kit, and always has packaged snacks that won't go bad. I check this every week when I wash and put in new towels....sometimes more if we swim a lot. It stays in our little mini mud room so it's not in the way and I can walk by and grab it all ready to go!! Interested in some fab Thirty One products? Check out my site HERE. There are some great specials!!! Even if you don't use Thirty One, just pick up a bright tote somewhere to fill with your summer goodies and you will be one prepared momma!


3. Relaxation
This is definitely a Mommy Must Have. Taking time for yourself is so important. As a counselor, this is one of the first things we learned about mental health. Time for you is not a commodity, it is a necessity. Whether it's a quick trip to Starbucks, a pedicure, shopping, or a couple minutes on the back porch reading your fav magazine...mommies need this. Heck, everyone needs this!
Of course, it all depends on the age range of your kids but even setting up time with your spouse or a friend or family member a couple of times a week makes a huge difference. I enjoyed a little time reading magazines and enjoying some iced tea. Amazing.
Well, for the 15 minutes it lasted before the kids were needing me but I wouldn't have it any other way!!!


I am so excited about blogging every day and would love any feedback from y'all!! Have any questions for us or about us... or ideas for future posts??? Email me at melroseacker@yahoo.com or Lauren at laurenlou5644@yahoo.com and we would love to answer them on our blog!!!!




1 comment:

Lauren Williams said...

I need to work on your #3 Must-have!! I don't remember what relaxation feels like haha