Now, honestly, I keep it all really simple. I think I use color so maybe there are times that it looks like I wear more but it literally takes me 10 minutes to do my makeup.
Here are some pictures of my makeup....sorry my face is under it...haha!
So to start off, I don't have a fancy skincare routine. Joey and I use the same face wash and it is the only face wash that doesn't bother my skin. It is the Purpose face wash and you can find it HERE.
Then I follow it up with Purpose Dual Treatment Moisturizing lotion with SPF-15. It is amazing and again is one of the few things that won't break my face out. You can find it HERE. Both of these are very inexpensive.
Now to the makeup....the only brand of makeup that has touched my skin and not made me break out into a rash or something crazy is Bare Minerals. I have tried a lot of other brands and have spent tons of money but Bare Minerals feels so light and yet gives me a really good amount of coverage. I swear, even when I sweat it stays on beautifully.
I wear the pressed foundation and it is amazing. I switch between the original and the pressed. The original gives my skin a glow and the pressed gives more coverage. I do not wear concealer....I just use their maximum coverage concealer brush to touch up spots using the foundation. FYI: when I refer to foundation I am meaning their mineral powder not a liquid foundations.
![]() |
| this concealer brush is amazing |
![]() |
| The new brush I would love!! |
For my eyeshadow, I use the Naked 2 pallet but have recently starting using my Lorac skinny in navy that I got from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I have loved the colors in the Naked pallet but will say I am very impressed with the Lorac one, the colors are very rich. I linked in the Lorac nude color one because it looks like the navy may be sold out!
![]() |
| The foxy color is a great color for the inner corners of your eyes and to highlight with |
Then I line my eyes with Almay eyeliner. I have tried $30 eyeliner and this is still by far my favorite at about $7. It wears so well. It advertises that it gives 16 hour wear and I sure believe it!!! It has been hard to find lately so when my hubby sees it anywhere he tries to buy at least 3. My eyes are what I try to emphasize the most so I line the top and lower and then throw on some mascara. I usually use Loreal Voluminous which again is cheaper but out performs the pricier ones I have tried. I also use the 3D Fiber Lashes when I want a more glam look and that is pretty amazing!!!
I fill in my eyebrows with a cheap little pencil and that's it....I am done!!! Well almost, I finish up with some lip gloss and my favorite is Bare Mineral's Marvelous Moxie Lip gloss in Maverick. This is my go to lip gloss because it has color, is minty, and feels good. It goes on very smooth and is not as sticky as other lip glosses. You can find it here.
Again, I have very sensitive skin and this is what works. I feel like Bare Minerals is actually rather healing for my skin. Months ago, I had switched makeup for something with heavy coverage and I swear my face was awful, I switched back to this and it cleared up so fast!!
Again, I have very sensitive skin and this is what works. I feel like Bare Minerals is actually rather healing for my skin. Months ago, I had switched makeup for something with heavy coverage and I swear my face was awful, I switched back to this and it cleared up so fast!!
What make up is your must have item? I would love to know! Feel free to comment below or on facebook!!!
Have any questions for me or an idea for a post...or for Lauren?
Email me at: melroseacker@yahoo.com or Lauren at laurenlou5644@yahoo.com
















1 comment:
I love to read about make up routines! I use the same face wash and the bronze-n-brighten and I also love both! I have always wanted to try bare minerals.
Post a Comment