Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tuesday's Tip: Bible Studying

Today's tip will be simple and sweet. I am having some cuddle time with the kiddos and don't want to miss it!!

If you are like me, you may want to read your bible but aren't sure where to start or get super overwhelmed. I want it to be meaningful and not just something I feel I need to do. So, a couple of nights ago I was looking up different ways and found the SOAP method. You may be familiar with it but I had never heard of it.
Basically, you follow the acronym: This was taken from soapstudy.com

Scripture: Write the verse or verses that stuck out to you in your reading.

Observation: What did you observe about the scripture? This can be one sentence or a whole book.

Application: How can you apply the observation so that it affects your life today?

Prayer: Write out a prayer that helps you apply the verse in your life.

I also found some great Summer Bible Study Plans on Women Living Well which you can find HERE.

I also wanted to share my absolute two FAV worship songs, as well. I swear they both just speak to my heart!!! Click Play!



Hopefully, this will be as helpful to you as it was to me!!! : )

Don't forget to check out Lauren's post HERE!

No comments: