Header/Navigation Bar

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sum It Up Sunday!!!

This past week was so nice. I mean, spoiled me nice. The kids and I woke up late (think 8:30 a.m.) and just had fun. Going back to work is always bittersweet. I love my job but being home with the kids and doing whatever we feel like is just too stinkin' nice!!!

Next week, we have VBS and dentist appointments so it may not be as fun! Haha!

So here is a glimpse of our past week!

I met up with Liz (my new counseling partner) so that we could chat and plan which ended up being more chatting and laughing. We met up for tea at Maudee's which was so cute and had amazing tea (I think I had an iced apricot tea) and we caught up some. She was an intern on our campus this past year and I was so glad we got her. We then decided we needed a cupcake from Sprinkles but made a stop to check out the gorgeous new Chi O house at SMU.

Chi O
Then she showed me a shop over in the University Park area called Swoozies. Be still my heart. I literally almost had a panic attack because I was so overwhelmed by the cuteness and most importantly you could monogram ANYTHING!! I love stationary and monogramming so I was in love. Since we will be co-counselors we just had to get Kate Spade planners...monogrammed of course for the school year!! I need to go pick mine up but will definitely share a pic when I get it! You can check out all of Swoozies' goodies HERE!
We had a fun playdate at my BFF's house and celebrated her little one's birthday! She made amazing ice cream that I will be sharing the recipe for tomorrow. Of course, we also made a stop at Firewheel. We ran around to pick up some little things and it was gorgeous out. Oh and thank you to those who suggested Bath and Body Works' 3 wick candles. That is now all I will ever buy. Amazing.
Caught this sweet moment of them holding hands
Grayson also started golf lessons and he loved it. Right now, we are really wanting him to explore different things to see what he will enjoy and where his talents are. He loved golf and we will see if he wants to continue it after the summer.

Ella enjoyed the big rocking chairs on the back of the clubhouse. She looked pretty relaxed watching brother.
We enjoyed a Chick Fil A play date with Lauren over at Williams Party of Four. They enjoyed some sweet cousin time then we headed to a friends' house for a little hanging by the pool. Grayson loved hanging out with buddies from school and I loved hanging out with the sweet moms.
I know...pretty amazing...we got 4 kiddos to all look in the same direction!
We had our sweet friends over for a 4th of July play date and then day 2 of golf.This day was the day Grayson decided he wants to one day play for Alabama....haha.


Then it was the 4th!!! I can't believe how fast that got here. We started the morning with a video about what the meaning of the 4th of July was. This is so important to Joey and I that the kids' understand the meaning of every holiday...it makes it so much more meaningful for them. I found this video on youtube....and we kicked it old school.
Then we headed to our neighborhood parade and met up with Lauren. The kids were so cute but one of them was just not feelin' it that morning. Can you guess who?





Then after being so hot, we headed to the house for some popsicles.
And we ended the night doing an outreach for the church which was so fun!!

She was showin' her new rain boots which are now her fav pair of shoes ever. Guess we will get our money's worth.

And today we are relaxing....don't forget to check out the blog tomorrow. It will be two recipes! One healthy...and one not so much! Can't wait to see what Lauren posts about. Check it out here!


No comments: