One blog that I have fell in love with is QuirkyMomma which you can find HERE! When I say fell in love...I mean...Oh.M.Gee I want to share everything they post!!! They have craft ideas, printables, and organized ideas for moms along with a lot of tips and tricks!!!
Next week, I am starting the week long coloring sheet mural with them. They color a sheet each day and at the end of the week it creates a mural. You can get it HERE!
I am sure my sweet hubby will like them! Just a side note: Him and his friends actually have a ministry where they use Star Wars characters. It truly is amazing and draws a crowd...and the best thing yet, they get to hear the gospel. Here is a picture from our church's 4th of July outreach.

Another blog I am loving is the Moffatt Girls. Even though it is summer, I still have the kiddos working and sharpening those skills. With Ella, we have been working on literacy. We have identifying letters and sounds down, writing her name, and now we are really focusing on blending phonemes. I am also starting to introduce sight words. It makes me feel like a Kinder teacher all over again and I secretly am loving it!!!
Grayson has been working on reading chapter books and with comprehension. We are also working on writing stories and remembering punctuation, writing properly on the lines, etc. I found a writing program called Write Shop and it is very similar to writer's workshop. I tried some sample lesson plans on The Moffatt Girls blog HERE. I also bought a workbook for him that focuses on basic math skills. When I was a first grade teacher I remember hitting addition and subtraction so we are making sure he can recall those quickly.
The Moffatt Girls blog has a lot of resources for reading, writing, and math. She is a past teacher who now homeschools her children and creates amazing activities!!! Some of her activities are FREE and some you have to purchase...but they are so worth it. Next on my wishlist is her color by sight words for Ella.

So what I do is similar to lesson planning. At the beginning of the week, I look at different activities and do some prep. I print them out and put them in a folder. I would label and sort etc but I don't exactly know which day we are doing them because we have playdates and activities in between. I just have them all neatly in a folder so when we have some down time or quiet time, I can pull them out!!!
Well that's all for today, we are heading to the library and for fun with friends! Have a great day! Don't forget....if you have any questions or topics you would like to see in a blog, email me at: melroseacker@yahoo.com
Don't forget to check out Lauren's Must Haves HERE! They are some good ones!!! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment