Header/Navigation Bar
Monday, July 28, 2014
Mommy Must Have Monday: Music
I love music. When I say love, I mean obsessed. I listen to music every morning when I get ready, in the car, in my office, on the way home, when I make dinner sometimes, when I clean, when I take a shower, at bed time...heck, I am listening to it now.
I feel like music is such a powerful thing. It can invoke so much emotion, it can bring about a memory, it can bring joy or feelings of sadness. It is so powerful. I use music a lot in counseling, too, because it has a magic about it that touches the soul.
Music is my way of relaxing and clearing my head or thinking through something. I need music as much as I need air. It is how I praise my amazing God, get through a workout when I need to be energized, reminisce about the day I met Joey, remember a loved one who is now gone, think about what Grayson and Ella would bounce to when they were babies or try to sing along with.
There is so much power in music. I love it all depending on my mood. Just to show you how crazy my music taste is, here are some of my favorite songs ever:
Benny and the Jets: Elton John (actually I LOVE everything by Elton John)
Born to Run: Bruce Springsteen
Into the Mystic: Van Morrison
Meant to Live: Switchfoot (the song that would always come in when Joey and I dated)
In Your Eyes: Peter Gabriel
Anything by the Vitamin String Quartet
Linger: The Cranberries
Love Song: The Cure
Young and Beautiful: Lana Del Ray
Any Alternative from the mid 90's to very early 2000's
Anything Eldie Goulding
Thrill is Gone: B.B. King
Great I Am: New Life Worship
I am in love with old jazz.
I heart Stacey Kent singing in French.
Random....I know. I also love finding music that is kind of quirky and different that is not as discovered. I swear my Spotify has tons of songs, it's unreal. Oh and if you haven't heard of Spotify...check it out. It's like Pandora but in my opinion much better!You can use it on your phone or laptop. Check it out HERE.
So today, I wanted to share some songs I have recently found that I am digging now....and yes I know I am lame because I just said digging.
Michael Kiwanuka:Home Again
Damien Rice: Delicate
In Your Eyes: the Vitamin String Quartet version
Rocket Trip to Mars: Fredrika Stahl ( I also love Pourquoi Pas Mois by her)
I guess my love of music is what led me to Joey (that, God, and those dimples)!! He plays the piano, guitar, drums, and many other things. He loves music as much as I do but more when it comes to playing. If you visit, you are bound to hear something being played.
So, that's it...my Mommy Must Have is Music. It gets me through each day and it's like a friend that totally gets you. It's lyrics speak to your heart and life.
Don't forget to check out Lauren's Mommy Must Haves HERE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment