Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Trendy Thursday: Rockin' a Denim Jacket

Today I had posted this picture of Lauren (her blog HERE) and I at church last Sunday rockin' our matching denim jackets. I think denim jackets get mixed feelings from people.
 

#1 They are awesome and they go with everything
OR...
#2 You think they look like they are from the 90's and you could never see yourself in one

Oh. M. Gee, I love my denim jacket and I couldn't imagine life without it. It transitions so many pieces from spring/summer to fall/winter. I remember it was my staple piece when I student taught. I would wear it with dresses everyday! I stopped wearing it and then last year, I was reading Pinterest Told Me To (find her blog HERE) and she featured the jacket. I wasn't crazy about it at first but then I kept hearing amazing reviews and she styled it with so many things and it looked so cute....so finally I bought one and not a day goes by that I regret it!!!

You can get one HERE! It is lightweight and the material is not a stiff denim, it's amazingly soft. I no longer see the exact color on Nordstrom's site but this one is the same jacket, just a darker wash.

So before I got ready for bed tonight I wanted to show you how versatile it can be. I love it because I can wear it over sleeveless or strapless dresses to make it work or church appropriate. This saves money when switching seasons! I can add it it tanks and pants to look more put together. Joey took the pictures...that is all I will say....haha! My neck looks freakish in some pictures because I was looking up (no makeup and crazy hair)!

black and white clearance tank with red pants and leopard shoes, long necklace is from Groovy's, monogram necklace is from Francesca's

old navy clearance dress, Groovy's necklace, and Groovy's wedges from awhile back

maxi dress and navy necklace from Groovy's

clearance dress from old navy, scarf from Nordstrom, fun wedges from TJ Maxx

again Joey was taking the pictures and I was fixing my collar.....clearance dress from Old Navy, fun belt from Francesca's

My style is very simple with tiny touches of fun. I am a bit classic and boring. I like big accessories at times for the most part and I like clean, simple lines. I also like to mix super cheap pieces with good quality, more expensive items. If it is something I think I can wear for years and is a staple piece, I will definitely spend the money (black jacket, denim jacket, black heels, boots) but almost everything else I never spend more than $50 unless, again, it is a staple piece or something on my wish list.

Speaking of clothes and shopping, I have seen so many posts today about the BIG Nordstrom anniversary sale! If you are a card member, you can check out all of the goodness now. I ordered a couple of items tonight!! You can get a credit or debit card (which is what I have...remember no credit cards in our house). The debit card is amazing because you can get rewards (think $20) when you get so many points! Many people think Nordstrom is super expensive but if you shop sales you can get some great stuff! So, tomorrow for Friday Favs I will be sharing my wishlist and the items (which are super cheap) that I ordered today! See ya' tomorrow!!

No comments: