Header/Navigation Bar

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sum It Up Sunday and a Blog Makeover

With Lauren and I getting into blogging more now, I don't want to take away from the initial reason I started blogging and that is to document my family's happenings. One, to keep our family all over the world in the loop and two, because I get it all turned into a book!!! Here is the one I had printed in January and I love, love, love it!!! I use The Cutest Blog on the Block which you can find HERE!

 So, as usual, I have so much stinkin' stuff to blog about! Summer break officially started last week in our house and we have been trying to fit in the things we want to do and need to do!!

We had Liv and Vann (my niece and nephew) spend the night which was sooo fun!
The first morning the kids jumped in bed and pretended to sleep but it was pretty cute! We had play dates swimming and kicked off our summer reading club and made a visit to see a puppet show at the local library with friends!

We made a little visit out to Grapevine for some shopping and to hang out at Lego Land. Joey wanted to make a stop at Guitar Center on the way back and that may have been the kids' favorite part of the day!











I had a 3 day conference to go to in Dallas but enjoyed hanging out with my sweet co-workers and learning more about the AVID program. I now how have soooo many ideas for this upcoming year!!

Joey and I got to go on an anniversary/date night and it was much appreciated (shout out to Nana). We had dinner, went to Starbucks (where we used to hang out when we first met) and then a cool music shop in Forney where musicians hang out and play. The Forney Arts Council (which I am excited to be helping out with soon) had brought in Dan Navarro and he even stopped by after his show. Joey even got to play with him which was a cool experience.
Joey on guitar and may I say that our town has the coolest mayor ever? That is him singing.

Joey getting to play with Dan Navarro.
We enjoyed some random fun during the week!
I worked on Ella's party. Thankfully, my BFF is SUPER crafty and made the E and a banner.

Need 31? This is me at the pool but I would not be organized without my 31. I am a 31 Consultant if you ever need anything.

Out to dinner with this handsome guy

I love pretty stationary. These cards and pens were on major sale at Vera Bradley. Wrote some notes to some sweet people.

Frozen hairstyles and manicures with Liv

Ella and her pet goat, "Scout" this morning before church

Getting corn ready to grill at Mimi and Pawpaw's

The kids made their summer to do list

Then Ella's birthday came around and I think this is the most anticipated birthday for her ever. This age is so fun! We had a swimming party in our neighborhood's clubhouse area.
The night before her party...manicure and curlers in hair...anyone remember these pink curlers...haha!

This was at 5:15 a.m. on her actual birthday.

















After the party, we headed to run a booth for our church at our community's July 4th Celebration.
Nana and the kids

Amanda and the kids




I was creepily taking pictures of my crush....
So that was our busy past week. I am excited for lazy days of hanging by the pool, crafting it up, and reading books and cuddling. I feel like mid to end of July is when it gets calm for me and then I go back to work the beginning of August!

I still have some house projects to do like making window seat cushions for the sitting area, kids' rooms, and our room and figuring out what to do with the wall above the stairs.
So BARE

??????

Don't forget to check out the blog tomorrow and Lauren's!! We will be announcing the winner from our Instagram challenge for the Lia Sophia necklace. Thanks to everyone who participated. We had sooo much fun seeing your pictures!!!


And if any of you know of a good candle that lasts a long time and smells good, please let me know. I am on the hunt for candles!! Comment below, comment on fb, or email me!!! I really need suggestions!


1 comment:

Lauren Williams said...

LOVE the new blog!! It looks awesome :) My favorite candles are Bath and Body Works 3 wick candles and of course Circle E candles! Can't beat those two!