Today I am linking up with Andrea over at
Momfessionals for her "Come On In" series and today it is...Kids' Rooms.
Honestly, our kids' rooms are a little of this and that. Grayson's room is up first to redo. In the move, we got rid of ALL of the furniture in his last room. I would like to get him a bedroom set now that he is older and would not destroy it...haha! We are planning on re-doing it for his birthday in September. He really wants an Alabama room so I have been scouring Pinterest for ideas. I found some super cute stuff at Pottery Barn Teen that I hope to add to his room makeover.
 |
| Vintage Pottery Barn Teen Alabama throw |
|  |
| PBT Vintage pennants |
|
|
 |
| PBT Dry Erase Calendar (My little organized guy will LOVE this) |
Here is a glimpse into his room. He told me what he wanted in it and where. Notice all of the cute boy stuff everywhere. I love being a boy mom. Before I had kids, I always wanted their rooms to look catalog, picture perfect! Now, that I have kids I just want them to feel like they have a place they call their own with their own little touches. Now remember, he will be getting a "new" room this fall so bless his heart...his rooms looks pretty bare!
 |
| I hope to make a little window seat cushion for this area...he loves to read here |
 |
| His own little touches |
 |
| LEGO guys |
| |
| reppin' | | | | | | |
As you can see it is a hodge podge of stuff and I am so excited to makeover his room while still letting him have a rubber alligator, plastic snakes, and a framed minecraft picture he made on the computer...haha!!!
Ella's room is pretty put together. I kept a lot of her stuff from the old house. I am crossing my fingers to get her a white dresser and bookshelf (shabby chic) eventually but the way she is with furniture (think Crayons on the side of a dresser) I am fine with waiting a couple of years unless I find a fabulous deal. I LOVE the shabby chic headboard my parents gave her so I am hoping to find furniture similar to that. Her comforter is Vera Bradley and I remember getting it on clearance...super score!
 |
| Love this wreath my BFF made! |
 |
| Love this spot. The pillows on the left, my late Granny made. I also hope to make a little cushion for her since she also likes to read here. |
 |
| her purses and bags are perfect on these sweet little hooks |
So that's it!!! We have been in the house for about 4 and a half months now and the kids' rooms and playroom have been on my to do list but at the same time, I like having something to "work on" because I think I would be super bored if everything was done and complete. Can't wait to check out all of the AMAZING rooms!!! Don't forget to check out my Wednesday post since this is actually my Tuesday post later today. Also, Lauren wrote an amazing post yesterday that is a must read, check it out
HERE!
1 comment:
Roll Tide!!
Post a Comment